Water damage can be very sudden and unexpected. It immediately causes havoc on your property. Eventually, that damage if uncontrolled can turn out to be a health hazard and further lead to mold problems.
Besides, water damage shrinks leather, warps wood, destroys carpet, and causes more severe problems.
Immediate and fast damage repair is crucial in preventing water damage from further destroying your residential or commercial property.
Fortunately, Fontana Water Damage Services is available to take your call 24 hours a, day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We respond very fast when your home has faced water damage due to plumbing failure, flooding or as a result of fire suppression to set off a fire on your property.
You can count on us to afford professional water damage restoration using the best products and techniques in the industry.
How to Mitigate Water Damage
After a storm, a damaged pipe, or other disasters that result in flooding, water damage is a real possibility.
The first thing you should do is contact our professional water damage restoration team. They will come in handy to help you mitigate, prevent, or repair any damage.
Tips for mitigating water damage while waiting for our team to arrive
- First, be cautious of any potential electrical hazards and slippery surfaces that bring damage to you.
- Turn on fans/AC and open windows. Do not worry if you don’t have much. We will bring in heavy duty equipment in case of extreme measures.
- Hang any upholstery, rugs (especially colored ones) and cushions in a dry, airy place. This helps to prevent their damage.
- Pick all loose items from tabletops, floor, and walls and store in a dry and airy place
- Get out the mops to extract as much water as you can. This is most important in areas that are not a danger or health hazard.
- Wipe down any wooden furniture to prevent the damage.
- Place waterproof barrier like aluminum foil in between furniture legs and wet carpet before our team comes. This prevents the water from destroying the wood.
How restoration will help
As soon as our team arrives, we can handle the more challenging water removal tasks.
Reducing the water damage requires trained experts who have all the necessary skills to address all potential consequences and repercussions.
Not only does a professional need to know how to fix the damage, but they also need to know where to look. All our property restoration specialists are trained thoroughly in water removal and damage restoration. In addition, they are certified.
Our restoration Process Usually includes the following;
- We use large fans, wet vacuums, and pumps to dry all indoor surfaces and carpeting to the maximum.
- We pull up all carpeting and padding but salvage what we can and try to wipe them all.
- We try our best to restore all personal belongings (books, art, furniture, etc.).
- We thoroughly clean and dehumidify the affected areas to prevent mold growth.
Throughout each and every step of the process, we handle your belongings with the utmost care. We reach great lengths to ensure mold is not an issue after restoration and the quality of your indoor air quality is top notch.